Kayaking in Italy is a unique experience, but there are risks that you need to be aware of to decide whether you wish to participate. It is a physical sport and therefore has the potential for injury or harm. In order to participate, you must agree to a waiver/disclaimer for any injury or harm. You undertake this activity at your own risk.
All participants must wear a buoyancy aid at all times throughout the tour.
The weather and the water conditions can change quickly and significantly. While dangerous situations are rare, they are possible. Each person is responsible for their own safety and personal belongings they bring with them on the day. It is important that you follow the instructions of your guide in order to limit the chances of risk or harm.
The occasional equipment malfunction or break is bound to happen: please notify us if this happens to you. If the damage is beyond what we would consider normal wear and tear we will charge you for the repair or replacement costs.
By agreeing to this document you will waive certain legal rights including the right to sue. Please read it carefully.
- I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that there is a risk of damage or injury from the activities I am to undertake. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks and I assume full responsibility for my participation in these activities.
- I understand and agree that these activities have inherent risks, dangers and my participations in such activities and/or use of any equipment may result in injury or illness including but not limited to, bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability.
- These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the owners, employees, contractors or associates of the Company, the negligence of other participants or the negligence of any other person, the predictable or unpredictable forces of nature or any other causes or accidents. Risks may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes including but not limited to water conditions, weather conditions and risks associated with capsizing a kayak when embarking and disembarking from these craft (including hypothermia and drowning).
- I (for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin hereby release, hold harmless and indemnify to the fullest extent permitted by law the Company, its owners, employees, contractors, and associates with respect to any and all harm injury disability death loss or damage to myself or any other person or any property associated with my presence or participation in the activities that I am about to undertake whether arising from my negligence or the negligence of any other person or the negligence of the Company, its owners, employees, contractors and associates or for any other reason whatsoever.
- I confirm that I am physically and mentally capable and fit to participate in this activity and can swim a minimum of 20 metres.
- I have no medical conditions or needs or have taken any type of medication (prescribed or otherwise) other than those listed below.
- I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older or I am the adult responsible as a Guardian for my 8 year old child.
- I have been advised that I must wear an approved personal buoyancy aid at all times whilst in the kayak or near the water.
- I further agree that the Company and its personal representatives has my permission and authority to address and treat any medical conditions or emergencies as they deem appropriate and I agree to pay any charges for such medical treatment including transportation) and will indemnify the Company for this.
- I have read this assumption of risk and release of liability agreement, I understand its terms and conditions that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it and I agree it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
All participants will be asked to sign this waiver before the tour.
General Terms and Conditions
All prices are given in Euro (€) as quoted on our website and via our booking office. All prices are VAT inclusive.
Fun River Travels tours must be booked in advance, and all participation must be agreed upon when booking. All bookings require a 25% deposit on the total price of the tour.
Deposits can be made by direct bank transfer to our bank account. Please count on up to two weeks for money transfers to come through.
Payments on the day of the tour can be made in cash (up to the legal limit of € 999,00).
In case of cancellation Fun River Travels will refund the deposit in part or in full, as follows:
If the client cancels the tour 30 or more days before the agreed date, Fun River Travels refunds the entire amount paid less the expenses incurred receiving the payment. These expenses depend on how the payment is made and are determined exclusively by Fun River Travels,
If the client cancels later than 30 days before the tour, Fun River Travels refunds the entire amount paid, less the 25% deposit.
If Fun River Travels cancels the tour for whatever reason we’ll refund the entire amount paid, with no deductions.
Departures for our tours are guaranteed with 4 or more participants. Multi-days trips allow up to 12 participants. If we are unable to run the tour we will either refund you or help you planning an alternative date.
A tour should not go if conditions are not unsafe. FRT will would rather cancel a tour than putting our guests and guides at risk. Any cancellation is decided by the guide in charge of the tour, based on the updated weather conditions. If we wall be are unable to run the tour for these reasons we will either refund you or help you plan an alternative date.
Fun River Travels offers the basic kayaking equipment needed: kayak, paddle, spray deck, buoyancy aid, rain/wind jackets, dry bags. Fun River Travels do not have other items of kayaking clothes available for clients.
If a customer has a disability or medical condition it is their responsibility to inform Fun River Travels, at the time of booking. Without exception, expectant mothers are not permitted to kayak at any stage of their pregnancy.
A minimum number of participants may be required for tours to operate.
An adult must accompany children under 18 years. All children must be a minimum of 8 years old. All minors (under 18) must without exception go in a double kayak with a parent.
Whilst, every effort is made to return lost property, Fun River Travels cannot be held responsible for property left on/in the kayaks. Property found must be collected on appointment from our office address.
We may, at our discretion, require any person to withdraw from any tour if we deem their behavior offensive or a nuisance to other passengers and we shall have no further liability.
Do not move away from the group alone.
Always stay within hearing distance of the guide.
Always follow your guides instructions.